Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White Chicken Chili

Options
Brisket_Fanatic
Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Working on putting together a little office Chili Cook-Off contest at work next Friday. I'm planning on taking by normal smoke brisket chili but thought I would enter a second entry of something different like a white chicken chili. Found this recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Creamy-White-Chili online and thought the ingredients would be wonderful. Boy was I wrong they were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Setup on the egg was 400 degrees direct with a cast iron skillet directly on the grate at fire ring level. Let the CIS get hot before adding the oil, chicken and all the spice (despite the recipe calling for only garlic at this point). I wanted all the seasonings to blend into the chicken and the leach out into the chili base later. OK anyway here we go: Raws: Photobucket Chicken, onions and spices getting happy Photobucket Added Green Chilis, Beans and Chicken Broth Photobucket Forgot to take a pic after the chili was done cooked, it looked pretty dry for a chili and I was a little concerned but then I added the heavy whipping cream and sour cream and viola........ creamy chili Photobucket Photobucket Served up with a Blue Moon Carmel Apple Ale and Cornbread. Photobucket Without the little heart cornbread from my sweetie. Photobucket Here is the little one, just over 8 months. 2012-11-08190026, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Hope everyone has a great weekend!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments