Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

English Muffin Pizza

travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,897
edited October 2012 in Baking
Not much to explain. The pics tell the story. Very good and I will be doing them again. 

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060
    +1.  I used to make french bread pizza the same sort of way.

We did ham and eggs inside tonight.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,507
    Did these all the time growing up. Never thought to do them on the Egg, but it is now on the list.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,817
    Niiiice thread Travis!! Good idea!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Very nice. Could cut up and serve as finger food w/ ABT's perhaps...
  • ZickZick Posts: 173
    Awesome! What great memories. Did them all the time. I probably haven't even thought about them in 25 years. Right on Travis!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,507
    If I could find some Appian Way pizza sauce I'd be in retro heaven. Used to come in small cans and was the best sauce for English Muffin pizza.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Ah...bong hits and English muffin pizzas made in the toaster's like college was yesterday. I don't think they ever looked quite that good though.
  • I agree it's probably been 25 years since I've had them too. Great idea to do them on the egg. Thanks Travis.

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,897
    Thanks everybody. It was super easy. The goat cheese, onion, and mushroom was my favorite.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,624
    Travis said " The goat cheese, onion, and mushroom was my favorite." Make that two extra please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,817
    Awesome idea!  It's really cool how much good stuff you can get out of a can for pizzas.  I'm gonna stock the pantry for those emergency cooks where I start drinking before I remember to go to the grocery store. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,705
    those are a few steps above what i grew up with, ragu, veg oil, american cheese on a english. we used to make calzones with the same stuff in the toaster using pita bread, sometimes it worked out, sometimes oh what a mess to leave behind
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,533

+1 on what @SmokeyPitt said.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• A2ZA2Z Posts: 99
    edited October 2012
    @travis that looks really good, going to give that a try tonight. How hot on temp?
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,897
    It was 550 for most of it.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,249
    that's some good stuff.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat