Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Auber Instuments

Options
maintenanceman
maintenanceman Posts: 11
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
just did a butt with the auber pit controler backed up by the maverick remote thermometer. No more worries, love it. basically set and forget. I was able to sleep all night without any alarms going off.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I  hear good reports on the Auber products.  I have a DigiQ and it too works like a charm.  For ribs, butts and briskets I wouldn't want to be without it.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've been using my DigiQ DX2 for quite a while.  It's solid, except I've had a probe failure.  The controller is very weather resistant. 

I recently bought an Auber from another gentleman on this forum. Haven't used it yet, but I'm impressed with the construction and simplicity.  I plan on using it for a firebox for my cold smoker.

That said, I've been cooking more and more not using any controller.  I did spare ribs tonight and adjusted temp along the way to my setpoint - when we wanted to eat.  The nitrous oxide, turbo-boost was foiling them the last hour.

Check, poke, bend and play with your cook and get a feel for the temp and how it impacts the bark and texture.  All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. :)