Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back time adjustment

Mayberry
Mayberry Posts: 750
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've done baby backs using the 3-2-1 method quite a few times with very good results. For some reason, today, I can't keep do e temp down. It's stayed at 300 for the past 2.5 hours, with the daisy wheel almost closed and the bottom vent barely cracked open. How should I adjust my time with dome temp of 300 and grid temp at 280-285?
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I'm assuming that you are in the "3" part of the equation, so I would suggest cutting the "2" part down to 1 hour or even 45 minutes.

I used to use the Texas Crutch, but like the texture of the bark much better by no foil at all. 
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    That's what I was thinking. I just foiled and will probably only leave 45 minutes or so. I've tried no foil and had good results. I've also tried Turbo, and it's been hit or miss. One time great, the next time tough and undercooked. So, I tend to go back to the ol reliable 3-2-1 method, as long as I have time.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590