Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt question, a rant, anectdotes and ravings. Butt done EARLY?

Options
myselftokeep
myselftokeep Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here we are in Lancaster, PA and we won't be attending the Waldorf Eggfest on my birthday. Can you believe it. We have been on a whirlwind tour of the US for the past 4 years and now we are within a stone's throw of an Eggfest and we are not going. Instead, friends are COMING UP FROM DC, in order to attend a "surprise party" for me. I have been Egging since Nov. 2004 and loving every moment, and people are coming HERE to experience the Egg instead of going to the promise land of Waldorf. How does this happen? Only in my world. Anyway, I put butts on tonight and am thinking they might be done a little early. How long can I keep them foiled in a cooler before pulling? Thanks for all the help and enjoy the fabulous weekend ahead in Big W.
Sean

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    myselftokeep,[p]I've kept them in a prewarmed cooler, wrapped in foil then wrapped in towels or newspaper for 4 or 5 hours with no problems. You could also lower your grate temp to stretch out your cook time also.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • myselftokeep
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Did that just now. I belong to two cults and the other one is Tool. Any chance you too because your screen name implies it. Thanks for the response.
    Sean

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    myselftokeep,
    First of all you aren't alone as a stay at home. There are a few of us up here in the northeast (Massachusetts and New Hampshire) who couldn't get down for the festivities. (soft whining in the background can be heard all through the house)
    Kept early finished butts and shoulders in the cooler for up to 5 hours. Enjoy yourself and Happy Birthday.