Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Worcestershire Powder

Options
SWVABeanCounter
SWVABeanCounter Posts: 859
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
My Bro sent me a bottle of this and I got it yesterday.  He says he uses equal portions of it, mustard powder, salt and pepper for a rub and uses it on just about everything.  Anybody have any other suggestions/ideas? 

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I use it in a Kona Koffee Rub:

Rub, "Kona Koast Rainbow Rub", #4 W/Worcestershire Sauce, Cocoa, Richard Fl

My friend, Al Katz-- AKA Hungry Man from the BGE Forum, recently returned from some "R" & "R" in Hawaii summer '09 and brought back some Hawaiian Sea Salt and Kona Coffee beans. Asked me to make a coffee based rub. Did not have enough Kona coffee, (too D@%* expensive), so added a few others to make a decent size batch. Started with the great recipe Molly Shark has been sharing for several years and one found on the internet, made a few modifications.Thanks Al and Molly

INGREDIENTS:  
    24 Ozs    Kona Koffee & Brazalian Arabica Beans, Ground fine  
    6 Ozs.    Hawaiian Sea Salt, White, add salt after the other ingredients so as not to over salt the rub  
    20 Ozs.    Turbindo Sugar  
    4 Ozs.    Indian River Rainbow Pepper or regular restaurant grind black pepper  
    8 Ozs    Black Pepper, Restaurant Grind  
    36 Ozs.    Legg's or Char-Broil Pulled Pork Rub, or Pork rub of Choice  

5 Ozs    Chipotle, Fine Ground  
    5 Ozs    Red Pepper or Cayenne, Fine Grind  
    8 Ozs    Worcestershire Sauce, Powder  
    2 Ozs    Hickory Smoke, Powder  
    4 Ozs    Garlic Powder  
    3 Ozs    Cocoa Powder, Hersheys  

Procedure:
    1 Measure each item by weight. If not fine ground, run thru a coffee grinder. Each item by itself. Screen thru a vegetable wire strainer to get larger pieces out- re-grind them. Mix all together.

Yield: 7 1/2 Lbs

Recipe Type
    Rub/Seasoning/Spice

Cooking Tips
    For these 2 rubs you may use your favorite pork or poultry rub. just make sure the salt is last added 'cause some rubs have more salt than others.
    I like it on beef, pork, poultry and lamb. I have a few friends that have done fish with it and were happy, I have not yet. Lightly on lamb as the koffee tends to overpower the flavor. Hoss swears it is eggtastic on brisket. Mainegg loves spatchcocked turkey with it. I like to use it when doing ribeyes and cowboy steaks. marinate for an hour or so. I am sure it will go well with anything you create

Recipe Source

Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2011/03/15

2009/06/16-- Took the original "KONA" recipe and cranked it up for more, coffee flavor, salt and heat flavor.

2009/08/14--Took this recipe and added 3 ozs Red Pepper, Fine and used 18 Ozs Old Plantation BBQ Rub #107 and that was used in place of the Jimmy Joes and Char Broil rubs.

2009/12/12-- Took the basic recipe doubled it, used 36 Ozs Legg's, 6 Ozs Sea salt, 3 Ozs Red Pepper, 2 Ozs Chipolte, and 8 Ozs WORCESTERSHIRE Powder.

2010/11/23--RPH This is the latest and best version. little more spicy than the last.

2011/03/15-- RPH; Here I go changing the recipe. Added some cocoa powder and garlic powder. Hope you like it like I do.

• scottc454
    Options
    That stuff is in Weber gourmet burger seasoning. It makes for awesome burgers, and is outstanding on brisket too.