Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast Iron Grate for a mini?

VitamanVitaman Posts: 46
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hi all-I've looked on google and tried the search function on this site but have had no luck...has anyone found a cast iron cooking grate for their mini? 

I found a 10.5 inch cast iron floor grate on Amazon, but the description says it's painted, so I assume I don't want that.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Comments

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Get it to 800 degrees or so for an hour, I doubt it will be painted for long. :D

If you are handy, and have some tools, I remember seeing pics of someone who cut a circle out of a rectangular cast iron grid. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • FYI- Big Green Egg now makes a cast iron grate for the Mini Egg.  New item and we have yet to get them in...but they are on the way.  Item #10CI

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• VitamanVitaman Posts: 46
    FYI- Big Green Egg now makes a cast iron grate for the Mini Egg.  New item and we have yet to get them in...but they are on the way.  Item #10CI

Thanks Smitty-I just called The Mothership and they confirmed they do now stock a CI grate for the mini.

Once again, this forum has been awesome...thanks!!!

Jeff

• ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Nice to know ... thanks, Smitty!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    cool, I want one. I wanted to cut my own from an old one but I'm too lazy
  • What about Craycort?
  • LitLit Posts: 6,859
    Gonna go pick one up tomorrow will post a pic. $39 ouch.