Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ chicken pizza

Options
BBQNBREW
BBQNBREW Posts: 19
edited August 2012 in Baking
First I am new here so I probably have a lot of easy questions.  I am getting ready to make BBQ chicken pizza for the first time.  Do you all recommend cooking the chicken to done before adding to the pizza?  Also, do you use marinated the chicken or cook it and then add your favorite BBQ sauce.  Thanks in advance!

Justin

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I would definitely cook the chicken until done first. Instead of adding BBQ sauce to the top, I use the BBQ sauce in place of pizza sauce.

For a twist, last night I made chicken, bacon, ranch pizza. Fresh tomatoes and garlic topped it off. I used ranch dressing instead of pizza sauce. It was delicious.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • BBQNBREW
    BBQNBREW Posts: 19
    Options
    Sounds great, I am doing this today.  Did 3 slabs of ribs yesterday and put pork butt on after.  Pork not quite done yet but pizza is the plan for dinner.  I will try to post pictures later.  Thanks for the help.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    I made a BBQ pulled pork pizza. Pics are up somewhere in thread I started! Good eats!