Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Replacing my deck

Options
13»

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Great, timely thread for me too.  
    I don't know what kind of wood my deck is made of, got tired of having the paint peel every spring, so I wire-brushed it down to bare wood, two coats of the best deck primer I could find, and two coats the best deck paint.  Next spring: it all peeled up again.  
    The "roof" is a wood frame with wires strung across, which served as a base for a Reisling grapevine.  When I bought the house the vine was thick enough to provide complete shade, and looked great.  But, its now so thick and heavy it broke one of the 4x4 supports, so I'll have to rebuild it when the weather gets cooler.  
    Learned a lot from this thread so far, and I'm especially interested in the "stamped concrete".  My deck gets covered with snow during the winter, 100-degree sun in the summer afternoons, and partially soaked with the sprinkler system every morning, so any kind of wood will be problematic...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month