Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Peaches with Pecan Praline Stuffing

Options
Wally_Wabash_03
Wally_Wabash_03 Posts: 95
edited July 2012 in Desserts
These may just be new to us, but we tried the recipe tonight and it was great.  Only took about 20 minutes of prep time and then 20 on the grill.  Served it with ice cream and they were great.  Sorry I didn't get pictures, but they didn't last that long! Recipe by Emily Shepherd at You've Got To Taste This

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Sounds wonderful. Would lovve to try it. Got any tips on how to pick peaches? I was going to make a peach recipe the other week with some dark rum but the peaches were horrible. ENver did ripen up even in a brown bag.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Wally_Wabash_03
    Options
    I normally like a peach that is just a bit too soft and that I feel like I could easily "squish" in my hand.  Beyond that, when you pick it up and smell it, it should smell strongly of peach -- not a hint, or kind of like peach -- actually like peach.  

I had one in my batch of four that I thought was really good and ripe.  The other three were close--probably 2-3 days away from being really ready--but they all cooked up fine.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options
    we grilled up some peaches tonight as well......really ripe right now. I ate four on the way home from the orchard....a bit messy in truck!

That recipe looks really good. May have to give it a whirl soon.
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Yes, If they smell good, they will taste good! Wish I could be in Georgia now for the fresh ones!