Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Neighbor drives me crazy

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Add a stuffed armadillo and a bear costume and you've got a pretty good basis for a John Irving novel.  She must be at an "11" on a 1-10 anxiety scale.  Yeah, would love to hear more some time.

We're prepared for Hurricanes, but we have to be.  We live in one of the highest points in New Orleans and have a natural gas standby generator that runs the whole house, lots of food, and and egg of course...  After Katrina (rode out the storm in uptown at Touro hospital) we finally could get out of town and left for a couple of weeks until the power came back on, then it would get shut off every night from midnight to 6 am so the utilities could work on the grid infrastructure.  I'm a complete wuss about heat and sleeping, so I was miserable - rigging up MacGyver fans from RC batter packs and airplane motors, we decided after a month of that to just get a generator.
    Options

At 195, you should be able to pull the bone out clean with one hand and then put a pair gloves on and squash the shoulder.  I saw it done on TV once and did last weekend with my first butt off the egg.

Make sure he's there and watching.  There is no way he could do that 165 but he will still try and he will fail.  Maybe that will convert him.

Maybe you can do that at your BBQ cook off in front of all your neighbors.  That could show him up.