Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a grilled Asparagus recipe

Options
brewcityegger
brewcityegger Posts: 94
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a grilled asparagus recipe for tomorrow. I usually just marinate in Italian dressing or some other store bought marinade. Just wondering if anyone has a solid recipe available for me to try tomorrow.

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Brush with olive oil, salt pepper grill like it when they are still crunchy
    Lynnwood WA
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Sorry no amounts, I usually just wing it, but I like to let it marinate for a little bit in some soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and some fresh garlic end ginger. For non Asian flavors, I do the same thing with evoo and balsamic vinegar. They're good wrapped in prosciutto too...lots of options.
  • Gunstock
    Gunstock Posts: 16
    Options
    +1. Do not over cook! Salt, pepper, and olive oil
  • Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    Options
    Half evoo half tamari with crushed garlic, salt and pepper in a ziploc to marinade. I use Braggs soy nstead of tamari but most can't find it.
  • WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153
    Options
    Olive oil, pepper and garlic paste (the kind in the tube) no salt b/c the garlic already has sodium. Just toss on a plate Super easy... Like everyone else said, just grill to your liking
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    This, with a light squeeze of fresh lemon once plated.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options
    This, with a light squeeze of fresh lemon once plated.  
    + 1 we grill cover with grated parmesan with a microplane salt, pepper freshly squeezed lemon juice, drizzle over evoo.], delicious, makes your pee stink though! :-SS