Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fire bricks under the egg?

grillingunnergrillingunner Posts: 107
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I was on naked whiz's site and they mention using firebrick under your egg when set in the table. I am building my table this weekend and was wondering if anyone has used these as opposed to pavers. My egg did not come with feet so I want to make sure I put in the best heat barrier I can to protect my table and egg.
LBGE And MINI Egg

Comments

• OMG EggsOMG Eggs Posts: 118
    Yeah, a lot of people use them.  They're thicker.  I think they're 2x6x2, so you'd need 10 or 12 of them.
  • Outlaw77Outlaw77 Posts: 71
    A typical fire brick is 4 1/2" x 9" x 2 1/2" or a thin fire brick at 4 1/2" x 9" x 1 1/4". I used 8 total for my table.
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 297
    I use them as well. It takes 8 to make a pad for a large Egg.

I would recommend getting some feet to use as well. I started out with my Egg sitting directly on the fire bricks, but I was seeing a lot of heat transfer through the bricks to the table. I put my feet under it and problem solved.
  • GadflyGadfly Posts: 121
    Same here. I use fire bricks + 3 feet that came with the egg.