Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook on xlbge

Options
Iowaegger
Iowaegger Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Poultry
Ok, last night i cooked for the first time on my xl. I made spatchcock chicken and sweetcorn. Had some serious issues with temp variations, but i think it was due to cramming 2 whole spatchcock and 12 ears of corn on the grate. once i took the corn off and let airflow get better, it seemed to be much easier to contol temp. also burn the crap out of a couple of ears, as i had them directly over the spots that allow the heat up when cooking indirect. I am pretty sure the problem was just trying to cram too much on the one grate, I am looking to purchase the second raised grid to avoid the problem in the future. Anyone else have similar issues? I am just throwing this out there to see if i am right, or if there was something i may have over looked. The chicken was awesome despite the issues, just required alot of attention to keep the temp where i wanted it.

Comments