Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Premium Nest Cover VECL versus HLVC

mhoutman
mhoutman Posts: 57
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
With my BGE Large MY 2012 I got a Premium Nest Cover ref. VECL. Yet is seems there a new model ref. HLVC. 

Any pro's or cons between both refs as I am still able to switch ?

Cheers, Michiel
Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Large, MiniMax and Mini

Comments

• mhoutman
    edited July 2012
    No one ?
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Not sure about your ref #, but when I bought my egg the dealer said they had changed the covers to an embroidered design rather than embossed. New ones were $20 or so higher,he felt it wasn't worth the extra expense ! He didn't seem to think the actual cover had changed , hope this is bum information and hope it helps you !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • mhoutman
    Actually the new ref seems to have a gripp to detach the cover from the egg. On photos, fitting at the top also seems better.

New cover is not available here in The Netherlands but will be in 2-3 months.
  • mhoutman
    Well perhaps somebody with the new model can share his/her experience?
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    I have the newer model for the compact table. It's embroidered and has a handle on the cover. This is the only cover I've had so nothing to compare it to, but it seems heavy duty and is easy off and easy on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• I've switched the new one and I don't like it.  the old style was better.  This new one even though it's ventilated, every time i remove the cover, there is all sorts of condensation on the grill.. my other cover, it would be completely dry.  Not a fan.  I would love to get an older style cover again.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I've never covered....but the egg never stops.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN