Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last couple cooks and first attempt at dry aging!

Options
RocEGG
RocEGG Posts: 89
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,
Been enjoying my egg over the last month I have had it up and running. Cooked my gasket as I did about 5 pizza cooks in a row. Gonna call BGE about a high temp one.
Did some french bread and it turned out awesome.

Cooked up a nice little ribeye and made up some really good dressing for it with sour cream, scallions, shallots, and crumbed Gorgonzola.

Smoked a 12lb packer choice brisket for fathers day. It turned out great. Took a cue from various posts here and covered it with a yellow mustard/Worcestershire sauce and then covered with dizzy dust (salt free). Put it on at 230-250 degrees at 9pm the night before and took it off at noon on fathers day for a few hours in a cooler. Turned out great, flat was a bit dry as I might have over cooked it, but I was really happy with the results for a first time. Went so fast i had no time to get pictures (all the beer didnt help my memory to get them either).

The final pics are of a 16lb CAB boneless ribeye. I set it up for dry aging in my garage fridge. Can't wait to see how that turns out!

Rochester, NY  - XL BGE

Comments