Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Three Chickens!

GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 261
edited June 2012 in Poultry
I have three chickens in brine and I am wondering how long they will take at say 325-350 and do you think direct or indirect with a plate setter? Going to stand them up in some pie pans. I was way off before on my Turkey so I figure I better ask.
·

Comments

• EldeElde Posts: 129
    Raised indirect - platesetter legs up, grill, pans on grill.  I don't know cooking time, but googling up recipes for roast chicken should give you an idea.  I'd think about rotating them a half turn every half hour.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168

If in "pans" you are indirect.

I always go direct / 400 / raised / spatchcocked and a hair under an hour

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,133
    +1 with Mickey.  Check out the below link for spatchcock info (and lots of other great ceramic cooker materials):  http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm 
    Louisville
    ·
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 261
    edited June 2012
    imageWell I did them indirect at 350 degrees for about 2 hrs and 15min. with Arther Bryants rub and some Sierra Mist in the pan on Chicken Stands. They came out beautiful as you can see and the wife was a happy camper.
    ·
  • EldeElde Posts: 129
    Mmm...  when's dinner?  :)
    ·
  • Looks great

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small