Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Three Chickens!

GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 307
edited June 2012 in Poultry
I have three chickens in brine and I am wondering how long they will take at say 325-350 and do you think direct or indirect with a plate setter? Going to stand them up in some pie pans. I was way off before on my Turkey so I figure I better ask.

Comments

• EldeElde Posts: 148
    Raised indirect - platesetter legs up, grill, pans on grill.  I don't know cooking time, but googling up recipes for roast chicken should give you an idea.  I'd think about rotating them a half turn every half hour.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,591

If in "pans" you are indirect.

I always go direct / 400 / raised / spatchcocked and a hair under an hour

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 10,359
    +1 with Mickey.  Check out the below link for spatchcock info (and lots of other great ceramic cooker materials):  http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 307
    edited June 2012
    imageWell I did them indirect at 350 degrees for about 2 hrs and 15min. with Arther Bryants rub and some Sierra Mist in the pan on Chicken Stands. They came out beautiful as you can see and the wife was a happy camper.
  • EldeElde Posts: 148
    Mmm...  when's dinner?  :)
  • Looks great

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 739