Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE table

Options
BloodyJonFlynt
BloodyJonFlynt Posts: 5
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum
 A couple of weeks ago the I accidentally broke the dome on my medium BGE. Like any BGE owner I was devastated. A week later while I was on a business trip in Arizona she called to say that some money we had been saving for car repairs was no longer needed and that for Father's Day I could get that large BGE I'd always wanted. I picked up my new Egg on the way home from the airport and had a temporary stand built for it so I could use it on Father's Day. The table that I had for the medium egg unfortunately could not be adapted for the large so I would have to either make or build a new one. Fortune graced me again as I found a table on Craigslist for about $200.  It needed some work so I set about removing all the nails and replacing them with countersunk screws. I then used wood filler to hide the holes and then proceeded to stain and weatherproof the wood with Olympic Maximum Stain and Sealant (Honey Gold). After adding about five layers with a used t-shirt and letting it dry I then sprayed on about 4 coats on Minwax Helmsman Spa Urethane (Semi-gloss).  Once that had dried I added 2 1/2 inch casters on the bottom (two were the locking kind) a couple of hooks and then added a Navy Chiefs coin for a little personalization.  Once the EGG was added I knew it was just what I wanted. I have two bottle openers on order to finish the table.

Comments