Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple meat cooks

Options
SheaPressley
SheaPressley Posts: 7
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
When u smoke pork butt and brisket does it matter which one is on upper or lower rack?.would brisket drippings on pork butt be better than the reverse or does it matter?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I've only done this with the butt over the brisket-both with fat cap down.  But that does not preclude an experiment here with the reverse set-up.  If challenged I would have a difficult time justifying one over the other-but in the long run I figure the brisket benefits more.... and we could turn this into a movie:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    I've never done it but seen this question posted often over the last 10 years.  99 out of 100 do pork over brisket. ;)
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Options
    Pork over brisket but only because of the lack of space to fit the butt under the raised rack above it.    Brisket on the bottom gives more space around both meats in my mind.
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • SheaPressley
    Options
    Thanks foe the input I think I'll try butts on top with fat side up on both