Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Selling my Egg

2»

Comments

• Northern1
    Northern1 Posts: 19
    In Canada the BGE grid lifter is now $ 149.00!
  • VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54
    I bought my first large egg in 2003 too, sold it when I moved from GA. back to MI. in 2008.  Wasn't a great choice!  Now last month I bought a green egg again but this time buying for mainly one person I got a medium egg, all the extras and have spent around $1700.00!  Already saving up for an Large egg just as everyone who commented back to me said I should!  Next time I'll maybe listen!   lol  I figure a good combo is the large and medium eggs, when I get ready to move again in the future closer to family if I don't have  room for both, I'll just sell one then!  Meanwhile, I'll be have for the best to serve my big family!  I think I may need to have a mini yet too!    :-) 
    Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    No need to insult the gentleman.  Eggs and charcoal are not for everyone. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • By the way fellas, I'm a girl :)  I love bbqing/grilling but the egg is just not for me as Whiz said.  Still trying to sell it, getting a lot of low offers but I'm sure someone will come along eventually.  Don't get me wrong, it cooked some of the best ribs and chicken I've ever had but I want something a little quicker and easier.  Thank you to for everyones support. You're a great group of guys.  If anyone knows someone looking for a good used egg in Ontario, please let me know.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You are even more welcome to come over then ;;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99

I know why you don't want it... You don't drink enough on the weekends!!!

( Just kidding )

• Well I sold the egg.  I bought a Traeger Pellet grill.  I love it.  It is so much easier to use and the food is fantastic!  I'm not knocking the egg.  I know people who have them and love them, it just wasn't for me.  With the Traeger, I just set the temperature and ignore it.  Thank you to everyone here for the support.  You are a great bunch.  Happy egging!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Good for you.  You should get what you're comfortable with.  Traeger has a large following.

Have fun.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Glad it all worked out for you-wherever you are in the smoking/grilling adventure, it's always a journey-best of luck.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    I also have a Traeger. It's a good product, and complements my egg well. It may be sold to become an XL someday, ooooor I may just keep it and just buy an XL. One can never have too many outdoor cooking devices.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe