Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Poutine Gravy recipe?

Drunk at the EGGDrunk at the EGG Posts: 52
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
The Costco here in Arizona just started carrying cheddar cheese curds. I need a good recipe since I won't be in the Great White North for a while to pick up the packets of St Hubert....any help?

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,980
    It's actually turkey gravy in the original version with mozzerella curd. Franco-American will work. The St Hubert is some good stuff though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102

My brother gave me some dry gravy mix by Kingsey, a type used in restaurants ... not bad, but for poutine, I'd use any gravy you like, in fact I just thought how good it would be with white pork gravy ....

We have a small fast food joint that sells about 8 different poutines including a Mexican, Italian and Greek inspired versions using tomato sauce, pesto and even goat cheese. Haven't been there yet, but saw them featured on TV ... going soon ...  only half hour from here!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,307
    The Costco here in Arizona just started carrying cheddar cheese curds. I need a good recipe since I won't be in the Great White North for a while to pick up the packets of St Hubert....any help?

Send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll send you a few packs