Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Bird Results!!!!...

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
EGGLISCIOUS!!!...this recipe i just threw tegether tonight is a keeper for me, and I hope u all try it one day....
This was, by far, the best whole bird(chicken) I have ever smoked!
I bought a 7.2 pounder....i cut a few slits around the skin on the breasts and inserted 3/4ths stick of butter within an equal distribution around the breast(i cut the stick in cubes).
Then i threw on some kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic pwder. I did not brine the bird.(maybe i'll try that next time)
I used the SLOW method(just TINY BIT under 200 degrees) with soaked mesquite chunks. After 2 hrs of smokin' i brushed it with my mop(melted butter with salt, black pepper, cyanne, and garlic pwder)..then again atfer the 4th hr...and again at the 6 hr mark(with each mop i added more mesquite chunks to ensure the smokiest flavor)..and at the 7 hr mark>>>wa la...the juiciest, SMOKED chicken i ever ate!-so smokey with every bite..like a party in my mouth and everyone was invited.
Had a ceasar salad to start off as the bird set. Had mashed potatoes(instant :( -sorry that's all I had) and french cut green beans as side dishes.
...an awsome saturday night treat!
ST(and in heaven I shall B)

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokin'Todd, ya just proved a point of long standing. [p]There are as many ways to do a chicken,steak,B'Butt,Pork Loin's, Beef Brisket, Chops..you name it as there are notes in Bethovens 5th symphony. [p]And its posts like yours, and the rest of the gang that give the forum its color and variety and prove you can do most anything, anyway you desire, with any rub, sauce, brine,wood smoke, and beer/wine/champagne imaginable.[p]Thats the secret, if there is one...Cheers and thank's, [p]C~W