Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Giving turkey pastrami a go!

GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
After my complete failure last week with the brisket pastrami I am going to try turkey pastrami. It's a whole, bone in turkey breast. I cut the back out so it will lie flat. What I am wondering is after I take the breast out of the brine and season it should I take off the skin and leave it off or just season under the skin? Hoping not to create more shoe leather!!! ;;)
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479

The final product of turkey pastrami.  It turned out so good.  I am very happy especially after last weeks failure. I still followed the Charcuterie recipe except I used less salt and did a 48 hour brine.  I also ended up skinning the sucker so that I could get more flavor into the meat.  So the spices would stay on I rubbed the bird with a mixture of mayo and Honeycup mustard.  I wish we had a smell'em forum.  ;;)

80 and sunny in Paradise.........

• Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Looks good granny!!!
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
    Thanks Mike.  Got it all sliced and I am a happy old girl.  ;;)
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,852
    OK, that is a tastes looking piece of turkey.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!