Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wokking

Options
2»

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

With reguard to Wok Hei, I find that my best stir fry happens when I have to panic due to the wok being so hot. If I dont have to work like mad, it just turns out ok.

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Options
    I picked up a copy of Grace Young's "Stir Frying to the Sky's Edge" a couple weeks ago. Her first book is "Breath of a Wok" which VI has already mentioned in this thread. Besides a lot of recipes, she really gives some great advice of what you need for great stir frying up to and including Wok Hei. There is a good portion of the book dedicated to everything from necessary equipment, essential sauces and spices for your stir fry pantry (including recommended brands), and breakdowns of herbs, peppers, proteins, etc and what they should be used for. I made a shopping list from this book and will be headed to the Twin Cities this weekend to a couple of Asian markets. I am completely satisfied with this book as a starter, and I'm sure either of her books would serve you well. I think it was around $24 on Amazon.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN