Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When will I learn?

NecessaryIndulg
NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
It was a lazy Sunday night and I craved chicken wings.  Instead of firing up the BGE, I ordered out from a local sports bar.   :-&  They were flavorless and so disappointing that we threw them away and filled-up on beer & cookies.   
I'm sure most of us have similar stories of restaurant disappointment after eating Egged food! :)
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I feel your pain, Kristi.  We never go to pizza joints, steak houses, or Chinese restaurants (well, almost never).  That pretty much only leaves Italian and TexMex in this part of the country.  And, I am working on my final enchilada recipe that my knock out the TexMex too.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2012

You sound like something is wrong with beer and cookies. Hell, add in some ice cream and invite me over.

Like VI says, not a lot of options open on eating out that you can't do better.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Since I have my BGE I always have left overs, cause I cook way too much. So we would not run into that, but the beer and cookies...shouldn't run out on those either. Will have to make a note of that.
  • There is absolutely nothing wrong with beer & cookies -- I always have plenty of them on hand.   Wine, cheese, and chocolate, too.  :D  A girl can't be too prepared for these types of emergencies. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with beer & cookies -- I always have plenty of them on hand.   Wine, cheese, and chocolate, too.  :D  A girl can't be too prepared for these types of emergencies. 
    That statement right there is the nail in the proverbial coffin...I am indeed a Lesbian trapped in a man's body. LOL
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Since BGE we longer care so much for most of our local grills, steak houses, or BBQ joints because we do better at home!
  • SteveWPBFL
    Anybody making their cookies on the Egg?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2012
    A couple of years ago at Texas someone ( could be Joan or Tweety or )made some bacon cookies on the egg that were outstanding.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SteveWPBFL
    Maybe crispy thin chocolate chip red cayenne oatmeal cookies?

How 'bout smoky jalepeno ham cornbread cookies?

Maple brown sugar peanut bacon?

Sorry, getting carried away!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    The dealership where I bought my first egg (Large) had just finished a batch of choco-chip cookies, but I'm not into sweets.
    They sure smelled good, though!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    I share your pain.  My wife loves to cook.  I love my BGE.  There isn't much out there that comes close to what we can put out.  We do go out for Ethipian, sushi, Indian and dim sum because doing those at home is more trouble than it's worth for us anyway.  Yup, the BGE has turned us into stay-at-homes but the relatives and neighbors are delighted because we put out more than we can eat and give away the rest!
    My actuary says I'm dead.