Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza with pics!

Options
centex99
centex99 Posts: 231
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
So... I decided to cook some pizza... and all I can say is wow... :-)
I used plate setter, legs up, spider on top of legs upside down and ceramic plate on top of that... Let the egg/stone/everything get up to 600...
Dough was sams club dough... its quite tasty and cheap... $15.xx for 20 balls... 1 ball made these three pizzas...
First pie simply sauce and fresh grated mozarella... sauce used was delallo brand... also quite good.
Before:

After:

Second pizza... wife's, same but with red peppers and prosciutto.
Before:

After:

Final pie.. mine... sauce, mozzarella, three alarm colby jack cheese, jalapeno/cheddar sausage, fresh red/green jalapeno, and onions...
Before:

After:

So good.... enjoy the pictures!

Comments

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Was it cooked on wicked good charcoal?

All three look great. What do you think about the Sam's club dough?

Gonna look for the cheese you were telling me about earlier.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Jalapeno pizza, yummmm.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• boatbum
    Options
    What did you decide about the turkey?
    Cookin in Texas
  • centex99
    Options
    yes on the charcoal... it sparked a lot at first, but once going it was great... got up to 600 and adjusted the dampers down and it helped with sparking and held good at 600...I had a full load of charcoal, so we'll see how much is left after cooling... I have the XL so it holds a lot... 
    sams club dough was excellent... and the price point is amazing... 
    ~80c per ball
    pizza sauce, which we used < 1/2 was $2
    cheese was maybe $1-2 worth (bought a 5# block)
    misc other topics < $3

• centex99
    Options
    Turkey is going to get spatchocked... I think its too big for my oiless fryer... its ~18#
  • boatbum
    Options
    Thank goodness you have an XL with a turkey that size, I think that will work out well. I burned some wicked good tonight, thinking I am loving it. Did some salmon, will post pics tomorrow.
    Cookin in Texas