Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pampered chef pizza stone

Options
tazcrash
tazcrash Posts: 1,852
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, I know its been said that the pampered chefs pizza stones don't hold up, and I've seen the pic on the whiz's site. But if anyone. Does use one please let me know, and to what temps you got it up to.
Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    My PC hairline crack started in the kitchen oven...max oven temp 500. Egg just finished it
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Those pampered chef ones seem to be the ones that are always cracking. That might be because there are just so many of them out there, but i dunno. Mine was awful thin. The BGE stones look a bit heftier, and i guess they are made of the same refractory ceramic as the BGE itself.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Thanks gents. I was just wondering if this was a case of a couple bad reports, or someone who got their stone too wet. 
    We have a couple of the "bar pans" (e.g rectangular stoneware pans) from PC, and use them pretty regularly, but not at egg temps, and are happy with those for reheating pizza.   
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    I heard of this, and I will be "upgrading" to BGE stone asap before I toast my GF's stone. I only done one pizza so far @ 400.(Was great, but didn't happen W/O pic) Looking fwd to trying different pizza doughs out there. Any other suggestions on stone other than BGE brand??
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I have two Pampered Chef stones that I bought about 10 years ago.  I've used them in the oven at 500F and on the LBGE at 900+.  The only damage  is a small chunk out of the side from it getting dropped.  Someone once mentioned that it may be the "newer" PC stones that are cracking?  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    mine was about 8 years old when it decided to split into three pieces.  wasn't wet or anything.
    just 'pop'. and now three stones instead of one
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks, maybe I will be ok, or buying two in the future! It's not like the PC will be used much elsewhere now.
  • WoodsDog
    WoodsDog Posts: 48
    edited March 2012
    Options
    My advice: don't buy Pampered Chef pizza stone.   We found ours brand new, on sale.  Used it twice before it cracked.  Had it in the oven, when we heard a big "pop".  I think we had the oven at 400 or 450.  looked in, cracked.  Waste of money.