Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crusted Pork Tenderloin in Herb Sauce

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ingredients
1 Lemon (for zest and juice)
4-5 sprigs of Parsley
1 cup Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)-Note ANY crispy breadcrumbs will work
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground sage
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
2 egg whites
2 tsp Cornstarch
2 Pork Tenderloins
1 ½ cups reduced fat organic milk
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 packet garlic/herb sauce mix (1.5 oz)

Preparation and Cooking
1. Preheat BGE to 425 degrees with plate-setter installed.
2. Use Zester to prepare 1 tbsp of lemon zest (no white pith) and place in shallow bowl.
3. Squeeze lemon juice into second shallow bowl.
4. Chop parsley and add to lemon zest and stir in Panko (bread crumbs), parmesan cheese, salt, ground pepper and ground sage until well blended.
5. Add egg whites and cornstarch to lemon juice; beat vigorously with fork until blended.
6. Dip tenderloins into egg mixture and roll in bread crumb mixture; Press firmly and spread evenly.
7. Place in shallow baking pan (9x9, 10x10,10x13) and let tenderloins stand for 5-10 minutes and then cook at 425 degrees until pork internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (30 minutes).
8. During last ten minutes of cook prepare your sauce. Chop fresh sage (if available or use t tablespoon of ground) and set aside.
9. Place in small saucepan, milk, butter and dry garlic herb sauce then bring to boil and Wisk until blended.
10. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in sage then cook for 3 more minutes; stir continuously. Slice pork and serve with sauce.

Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241