Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Decreasing Butt Temp

PigassoPigasso Posts: 111
edited 9:09AM in EggHead Forum
I put 2 butts on last night at 8PM - dome temp 225. At 6:15 this morning the meat temp read 167, and at 9:45 it has decreased to 162 - dome temp still 225.[p]Could this be a part of the "plateau" stage? Should I crank up the heat or leave all alone and put my faith entirely with the egg wizardry as assisted by the guru and just wait until the meat temp reaches 200?[p]Oinks!

Comments

• tmEGGertmEGGer Posts: 92
    Pigasso,
    The same has happened to me as well. Looks like part of the plateau. Should be fine.
    NutmEGGer

• locolongballlocolongball Posts: 414
    Pigasso,
    You are right, this is part of the plateu stage. Mine drops a couple of degrees every time. When its done w/ the plateu it will jump up pretty quick.[p]Enjoy!

• SalmonSalmon Posts: 146
    Pigasso,[p]I know many will disagree butt, I have found that if at in the 150 to 165 range, if you increase your cooking temp to about 250 degrees grate temp, the rub will carmelize much better.[p]Rick