Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is mahi-mahi safe to eat?

stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got a great couple fillets here for dinner, but on the way home had a nagging thought.  You know me, always with the over-analysis....  Anyway, I vaguely remembered a study or news article I read I think in 2011, about mahi-mahi fishing.  I can't for the life of me remember if the issue was that mahi-mahi was itself maybe unsafe for humans to eat, or that it might be harmful to fish for them in the first place, because of the bycatch.  I didn't read it in depth.

Anybody know if mahi-mahi is safe to eat, mercury-wise?  I'd hate to feed it to my wife and child, there are already enough dangers kids face these days.  ...or is it a matter of the way they are fished (bad in itself, but at least the food we have for dinner is ok).

Maybe I should just do some googling. but thought I'd ask here first.  BGEers have a depth of knowledge.  Amazing what they know.
Thanks in advance.
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments