Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

whodathunkit

2»

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    If you want your chili stuffed fatty to firm up mix the chili with some corn bread and that will thicken the filling.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

Years ago using the lowly ECB, I did hotdogs @ 225º for about an hour ... dark color ... sweating fat and yummy!

Used to do a couple of lbs. at a time, they freeze well too ....

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431

I lived in Cincy for a few years after college and still get the skyline craving  . . . often!  I finally got around to make a "Skyline Fatty" last night and it was DANK.  I started with: hot jimmy dean sausage in tube and rolled my fatty with skyline chili, large red onion diced, shredded cheddar, 3 hebrew nation beef hot dogs, shredded cheddar, hot sauce.  I rolled it per the AMAZING step-by-step fatty rolling instructions found here (http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/fatty-rolling-by-silverwolf636) and finished it with a light sprinkle of dizzy pig cow lick rub.  I cooked it indirect @ 275 with cherry wood and dry drip plan.  Also, I laid my fatty on an extra cooking rack for support, but it still "split open" after 2 hrs but no inards spilled out.  Here is pic of the fatty on the grill and off the grill.  If you are a fan of skyline cheese coneys, skyline chip dip or just love a dank fatty . . . its a must try!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG

NOTE: forgot that I added plenty of Yellow Mustard over the inards before the roll and cook . . . yellow mustard is a key flavor to the capture that skyline flavor.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • tjp1060
    tjp1060 Posts: 55
    @NDG You didnt happen to take a photo with it cut open did you?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    After reading this thread, I will be visiting Costco to pick up polish sausage links. Then, to Fuddruckers to get their famous Dogzilla Buns. The family love my dogs off my other grill so I wonder if the bge can take it the next level.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NDG
    Leftover shot - lost its plump but still had a tasty sliver as an app tonight . .
    Columbus, OH

• NDG
    Its that time of year again.  Rolling a skyline fatty this weekend.  A must try.

Columbus, OH