Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First baby backs on my egg

eggo
eggo Posts: 492
edited January 2012 in Pork
Cooked 4 half slabs today and they turned out great. First I tried to remove the membrane. I got one half slab removed but the other three were so difficult that I gave up. I basted with mustard and added a pork rub and put in the fridge for an hour prior to putting them on. I had the egg at 325 degrees and used indirect heat with the place setter and a v rack. I cooked them for 1.5 hours then took the ribs off the rack and placed them on a cookie sheet. There I basted with "Sweet Baby Ray's" sauce and placed in an aluminum pan with an inch of apple juice. I cooked for another hour at 325 degrees. I then took them up and wrapped in aluminum foil to rest before eating. Not to brag (my first ribs) but these turned out better than any I have eaten anywhere, sooooo tender. Oh, I did use a hand full of apple chips for the smoke flavor.
We couldn't distinguish the three that did not have the membrane removed from the one that did. 
Eggo in N. MS

Comments