Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just did burgers for the 1st time!

Options
chill243
chill243 Posts: 131
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Man, there were to die for!  We used 80/20 premade burgers from Krogers.  Did the thumb print method and sprinkled Montreal steak seasoning on both sides.  We sprayed the grill with Pam and cooked them at 325 for 15 mins, flipped put some yummy local BBQ sauce on that side and cooked again for 15 mins.  Came out medium, just the way we liked it.  I have not tasted burgers this good ever!!

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    8/20 is good.  Add some fish sauce to it next time and take it to a new level.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Gary I ordered the fish sauce that is said to be # 1. Still unopened. Bought just to do burgers with.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Fish sauce in burgers are good. Be warned though that all fish sauce smells like a fat chicks fart after she has eaten some bean burritos with extra cheese and onions from Taco Bell. Oh I have tried all types of fish sauces from the cheapo to more expensive ones. They all smell like that, but taste good after cooking it in some burgers.

Just wear a gas mask when preparing them and don't let anyone smell it while being prepared or they will refuse to eat it.

It could make you gag.
  • stilllaughing
    Options

Salty Hog,

Your post is offensive.

• Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    @ girlyman

LOL

Americans are so sensitive. The feminization of your country is funny.

If you or your wife are fat, then get off your lazy butts and do something about it.

Let's debate. I love this.
  • rodent
    rodent Posts: 106
    Options
    Fish sauce is delish. Use it all the time. Mango salads, Thai basil chicken, mixed with Thai chilies.
  • chill243
    chill243 Posts: 131
    Options
    You guys kill me!!!
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    @Mickey.  You'll really like the fish sauce.  What brand did you buy?  I use 3 Crabs brand.  Grace Young (Breath Of a Wok, Stir Fry To The Sky's Edge) said that is the brand she uses, so that's what I got. I put it in other things than burgers, like spaghetti, chili, etc. but only do it when the boss isn't looking.   :-\"

@Salty Hog.  Yes, fish sauce is malodorous, but it's not so pungent that you smell it while preparing the food, unless you're smelling abilities are as acute as a dog's.  You have to put your nose up to the bottle to get a good whiff.  I like to compare fish sauce to vanilla.  If you took a swig of straight vanilla, you'd puke your guts out, but when used in food, vanilla is heavenly.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Gary said "@Mickey.  You'll really like the fish sauce.  What brand did you buy?  I use 3 Crabs brand.  Grace Young (Breath Of a Wok, Stir Fry To The Sky's Edge) said that is the brand she uses, so that's what I got. I put it in other things than burgers, like spaghetti, chili, etc. but only do it when the boss isn't looking. "
    The one I have ( unopened) is Red Boat.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.