Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All done, almost

Options
yumdinger
yumdinger Posts: 255
edited December 2011 in EGG Table Forum
Well here is my table.  Constructed with Western Red Cedar, 2x4 and 4x4 structure, Rough sawn cedar trim, Hardie board siding, porcelain tile top.  The top measures 33" D x 32.5" Tx 58" L.  While I am mostly happy with it I am going to be tweaking a couple things once Spring hits.....for now this will have to last the long cold winter.  
First, I am going to split the front door and hinge it on 2 sides.  Primarily because I think it looks odd.  From a functional standpoint the single door is great.  The opening is large enough to fit all of my eggcessories, just looks odd.  Second, I am in search of tool hangers, I will be adding hangers on the left end and the front left.  Last I will be wiring it it for electric and adding rope lighting under the table top around the circumference of the table, mood lighting more than anything.  Oh one other ting debating whether I should remove the 2x4 holding the egg in.... I was concerned about the egg tipping out of the table.

Comments

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    edited December 2011
    Options

I can't see the egg tipping out, unless you are moving it over very uneven terrain ...

On the door, just put a cool knob or handle on it.

Your table looks quite functional ... nice job!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.