Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Packing tomorrow for Orlando Eggfest

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to get the word out since this is their first Eggfest. The great folks at Ace Hardware have a gorgeous venue and a ton of EGGs that will be smokin'.  Live band, these guys mean business. I'll be teaching a class on cooking chicken on the EGG...gonna talk a bit about the competition chicken we've won a few awards with, and a different perspective on cooking yardbird on the EGG.  Looks like the weather is gonna be perfect. When we fly out of Virginia Friday morn, it's supposed to be 29 degrees. Lookin forward to putting some shorts on. We'll be toting some Dizzy Pig, and ready to fire up the EGGs! If'n we can find a good liquor store, we may have a fine bottle of tequila to share as well. Can't wait to do some Florida Eggin!

Not too late to sign up. Hope to toast your glass and savor some amazing food with yall.

http://wintergardenace.com/brochures/brochureentry/125/1417/
Night night!
Chris
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BTW, if you can't make it Saturday (and even if you can) there is a Meet and Greet party at the park Friday at 5:30. They say bring a covered dish, but also heard there will be EGGs cooking. That's all I know, except for that we'll be there  with bells on, and it's sure to be fun.

Next year, I am hoping they have a better process of getting info out!
    Florida, here we come.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the eggers. It will be my first eggfest and this silly old girl signed up to cook. Should prove to be an interesting time for me and I can't wait to try some of your rubs. See ya soon and safe flight.

High of 80 tomorrow.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options
    @ Granny Quote; High of 80 tomorrow.  Rub it in!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Squeeze, we are having a Candian invasion here in Central Florida. They are coming down by the bus load and buying up the foreclosures. I think it might be because of the 80 degree weather and the fact that we don't have to shovel it. This was a big news story here last week.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Squeezy
    Options

Not surprised Granny, I would do the same if I had enough Canadian pesos to buy one of my own.

Not all the snowbirds go to Florida though, Texas and Arizona are big favorites too!

So far this season, Snow has been all around us, but not here! 

:-$
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Squeeze, we are having a Candian invasion here in Central Florida. They are coming down by the bus load and buying up the foreclosures. I think it might be because of the 80 degree weather and the fact that we don't have to shovel it. This was a big news story here last week.
    Once you get used to us we aren't that bad

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Squeezy
    Options

@ Little Steven 

So where is home for you?

• Little Steven
    Options

Caledon,ON.

Just east of Orangeville

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    edited November 2011
    Options
    WOW! 

Canadian's raising property values! Who would of thunk it? 
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • Squeezy
    Options

Caledon,ON.

Just east of Orangeville

Not far from me ... I'm in Woodstock