Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast iron grates, modular?

FxLynch
FxLynch Posts: 433
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I watch the "BBQ pit boys" on youtube every now and then, and saw an episode with the modular cast iron grate which seems to only be available in the larger 22" size.  The same company makes an "18.5" size that actually measures 17.5 but can't find the griddle hot plates for it.   I was wondering, is there a sort of grate that will be comparable to this for the Large BGE?  I love how their grate can be 1/4 flat iron griddle while grilling on the other 3/4.  I've seen modulars for the 18.5 size but it is in 1/3's which is fine, but I can't find any flat iron grates to fit those. I'm not just looking for something that sits on top of the regular grate, but an actual replacement like this.

Please watch this video, at least skim it, to see what I mean.  There is a short ad at the beginning but the video follows shortly

Frank Lynch

Comments