Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast iron grates, modular?

FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
I watch the "BBQ pit boys" on youtube every now and then, and saw an episode with the modular cast iron grate which seems to only be available in the larger 22" size.  The same company makes an "18.5" size that actually measures 17.5 but can't find the griddle hot plates for it.   I was wondering, is there a sort of grate that will be comparable to this for the Large BGE?  I love how their grate can be 1/4 flat iron griddle while grilling on the other 3/4.  I've seen modulars for the 18.5 size but it is in 1/3's which is fine, but I can't find any flat iron grates to fit those. I'm not just looking for something that sits on top of the regular grate, but an actual replacement like this.

Please watch this video, at least skim it, to see what I mean.  There is a short ad at the beginning but the video follows shortly

Frank Lynch

Comments