Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baby Backs first since acquiring my BGE

SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
edited October 2011 in Pork

I have 4 racks of BBs rubbed with Dizzy Pig's Jamaican Firewalk over maple charcoal and hickory. Spritzing with apple cider/cider vinegar mix.

I like the Car Wash Mike method, if for no other reason ... no foiling! Although I like the results of foiling, I just don't like doing it.

One hour in and the smell is driving me crazy ....

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.

Comments

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2011

I'm very pleased with the results ... juicy & tender ribs without foiling. Temp control was good throughout the 5 hr. cook.

Just love my egg!

• Baron8Baron8 Posts: 3
    where do you get maple charcoal??
    Robert
    You can see it here http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag3.htm it's not totally maple, it also has beech and birtch with it.
  • ShawnShawn Posts: 356
    you can get Maple Leaf lump charcoal at your local Rona and Home Hardware in Canada. Also you can get from BBQs.com

Maple Leaf Charcoal Inc

168 Rang Ste Anne  
    Ste Christine, Quebec
    G0A 1A0 Canada
    Phone: (418) 329-2977
    Fax: (418) 329-3273
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
    Yes, I got mine from Rona ... not sure who carries it in the states...
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Nice looking ribs. Is that a large egg??
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    TY ... yes it is a large!
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 938
    Your ribs look good enough to eat, nice job. I have made ribs 3 times since buying the egg and was happy with each cook, I did foil them to me the just seem more tender.

Gerhard

Try it once without foiling ... you may be surprised!

Egg cooking is different ... I wouldn't try ribs without foiling on my WSM.