Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New to Green Egg

leftywrightleftywright Posts: 1
edited October 2011 in Pork
I am new Green Egg owner... have used a few times, and love the results. Now i have friends coming over, and am attempting to do a Shoulder of Pork, can anyone give me tips and or recipes etc... Thanks... lefty..California

Comments

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    you can't go wrong following these directions

Kent Madison MS
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 1,525
    I use a dry rub on my pork shoulder and just cook it low/slow at ~225 dome (I have an XLBGE) to ~190 internal. Allow approximately 1.5hrs/lb. So, a 7lb shoulder could take  10-15 hrs depending on your cook temp. Some like to use injections  of things like apple cider/juice and other spices, but whatever works for you.  Search this forum for pork and you will find lots of other hints and tips.