Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new egghead here what to share my eggsperance with you

Options
peterp2
peterp2 Posts: 13
edited September 2011 in Forum List
 i live in ct and after the long cold & record snow fall winter i could not get to my grill on the deck do to it having 3 feet of snow on it, my wife was broiling stakes in the oven. when the deck finally melted and was able to get to my grill we started to use it. after the 2nd stake i told her to get the same stakes she cooked all winter in the oven she said the that these are the same stakes. we both agreed the had no taste or flavor. by the way the grill we were using i bought for her for our anniversary 8 years ago it is a viking 48 nice s.s in a cart if i remember i think i paid $4800.00 for it. we were talking to our neighbors about this problem he suggested a charcoal grill. it just happened my wife won a little habichi  a few years ago and was unopened on a shelf in the garage. i went out and got it, we put it together and the next day went to home depot & bought kingsford match light. that night we grilled stakes that tasted like gasoline.but once we got past the gas flavor the stack was better than the ones off the viking. so i went one step farther and bought a little weber charcoal grill at the depot think it was $30.00, got the hang of it not getting the gas flavor on my stakes. early summer came and was driving and saw a big green egg sing some were and was wondering what the heck is a big green egg? i googled it and found out. will after reading about it bought one brought it home my wife & neighbors looked it it and said what the hell is that? to be exact my wife said it looks like the thing in star wars rtd2. well i fired it up,we had stakes we could not believe what we were eating. after cooking on it a week straight i was so impressed i contacted the distributer and had to start selling them in my store. what a great product.

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Now that's a great story. Where is your store?
    Kent Madison MS
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    edited September 2011
    Options
    nm
    Kent Madison MS
  • peterp2
    Options
    kent my store is in meriden, ct  its called superior flooring
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    Peterp2, welcome to the forum and welcome to the cult! Thanks for sharing your story. Stick around and keep posting, lot of good people and knowledge around here. There are a few shop owners on here as well. I'm sure it will be a valuable tool for you to gain knowledge and refer your customers too as well.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 356
    Options
    Welcome to the eaghead familly and the forum! Lots of good people here and they are very helpfull and knowledgfull!
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • peterp2
    Options
    We are kicking off our 1st. annual big green egg sale today
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    that is a great story.   If I was in CT and I was going to buy an Egg today I would buy it there.
    Cookin in Texas
  • peterp2
    Options
    sold 4 eggs this week
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Peterp2 as a norm on forums someone other than the owner of a shop shouts the virtues of a dealer.Let your happy customers do it, and they will they will also go the other way if feel slighted. The dealer in Salado sold over 40 yesterday and I can post as I get zero money or product, just an EggHead. Real good of you to post your cooks and if you are putting on an EggFest.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rocket15
    Rocket15 Posts: 42
    Options
    Peterp2: I just bought my egg from you on Saturday.  I thought the story on this thread sounded familiar.  I am a happy customer and would definitely recommend you for an Egg and will send people your way.  My first cook went great.  Best pork tenderloins my wife ever had (I thought I had perfected them on my Weber gas). Now, my problem is: what do I cook next?
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Peterp2: I just bought my egg from you on Saturday.  I thought the story on this thread sounded familiar.  I am a happy customer and would definitely recommend you for an Egg and will send people your way.  My first cook went great.  Best pork tenderloins my wife ever had (I thought I had perfected them on my Weber gas). Now, my problem is: what do I cook next?
    Pizza!!!!!
    Large BGE

• peterp2
    Options
    Rocket how did you make it? Today I cooked a whiskey & black pepper pork tenderloin for my customers. fedex, ups,and mail man all loved it. 
  • Rocket15
    Rocket15 Posts: 42
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Peterp2: I used an Asian type marinade from a book called "Grilling for dummies".  I cooked it over a platesetter, legs up w/drip pan, at 350 with cherry wood chips until it reached an internal temp of 155 (I use a 10 year old Maverick ET-7).  EddieK76: I made chicken breasts and thighs for my second cook and did pizza for the third!  Pizza was pretty good but the learning curve is high and the next cook should be much better.