Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veggie Grill

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
edited August 2011 in Forum List
Tried a veggie grill today; Acorn squash, tomatoes, onion, and garlic.  Rubbed the flesh of the squash with a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper; same with the onion.  The 'maters I just sliced in half.  The onion and tomatoes cooked perfectly on direct heat, but the squash got a little too dark; I'll have to try indirect heat next time. Threw the tomatoes, half the onion, the grilled garlic and a clove of raw, small splash of red wine vinegar, large splash of olive oil, dried ground chipotle and salt into the food processor, and the resulting salsa was the star of the meal, nom!  Dressed the squash with an oil made with raw garlic, dried Italian herbs, minced fresh basil & parsley, and pepper, all ground in olive oil in a mortar.  Tasted great, I was a bit burned out on pork fat after that butt last weekend.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments