Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New forum

Marvin
Marvin Posts: 515
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
This new forum is unsatisfactory. I'm out of here

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Can I take your place?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Smileys don't work right...bummer!!!
  • gkjsr
    gkjsr Posts: 4
    I really liked the old forum, this is TERRIBLE , TERRIBLE. Either go back to origional forum or no one will use this. You cannot search recipes and get satisfactory results. The decison to change from a great forum to this is like the Coke changing from Coke to the new Coke, the lost money but had the courage to take their licking and go back to the origional recipe. Please change this it is unusable, really enjoyed the forum section this is not usable.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    This new forum is unsatisfactory. I'm out of here

Bye!
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I really liked the old forum, this is TERRIBLE , TERRIBLE. Either go back to origional forum or no one will use this. You cannot search recipes and get satisfactory results. The decison to change from a great forum to this is like the Coke changing from Coke to the new Coke, the lost money but had the courage to take their licking and go back to the origional recipe. Please change this it is unusable, really enjoyed the forum section this is not usable.
    Its funny how much you enjoyed the forum the way it was with your 1 post. Your a troll!

This is the greatest signature EVAR!

• Its funny how much you enjoyed the forum the way it was with your 1 post. Your a troll!

Having 1 post does not necessarily a troll make. A lurker perhaps and a troll maybe, but why do you insist on name calling? You seem to want to promote this new site, but your offenses just do more harm.
  • gkjsr
    I dont understand your comment, what is a troll or lurker. Simply from my prostective is this forum set up is not as useful as the old program
  • A troll is someone that is just out to stir the pot and cause trouble. A lurker just reads the forum and could have done so for years, months, days or hours. The point is that DrZ himself/herself is trolling (stirring the pot).
  • Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    If you don't like the search feature why not just say "I hope you fix the search feature for recipes. It doesn't work right." ?
  • gkjsr
    In my opinion changing the forum website is not a positive move, i can not search for questions with good results. Maybe and attempt was made to improve the forum, but in my opinon, it was a mistake. Dont know about trolls, lurkers, etc. Just know i can not use the new forum as a research tool as i did the old version. I do hope someone will develop another forum that is useful. I doubt that this forum will be well received.
  • I like to look at the most active threads.... Am I missing something here?

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• Currently there are 20 people on line. On the old forum at this time I would expect there to be 300 or so. People are not buying into this yet. Nor am I.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

• I don't like it. This is not progress. Please do more testing before making such a radical change!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning gkjsr & NotabuttDave:

The "original" forum still exists at www.greeneggers.com.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• gkjsr
    Thanks SSN686 for the information, have a great day.
  • Thanks SSN686!, I really dislike the layout here.

Not a welcoming set up at all.
  • Looks much better than the old one to me.
  • PhotoPro
    PhotoPro Posts: 47
    I like Vanilla (the forum engine) but the administrator has just barely opened up any of forum's advanced features to us, or implemented them on their side.  This new engine allows us users to integrate our forum with our Facebook and twitter accounts, and it displays properly on any mobil device without scrolling or pinching.  It is, in other words, completely aware of social media and works in concert with it.  If you have  blog it will integrate with that as well with the addition of three lines of engine-provided code.  What you post here appears in your blog page.  You can also use bought themes, like in wordpress (if you have a wordpress powered blog they can share the same theme.  If the thousands of commercially aavilable themes don't meet your needs you can roll your own with some simple graphics tools.

Installing Vanilla has brought this forum into the 21st. century!  I hope the admin opens up more of the cool features that separates Vanilla from dinosaurs like phpBB.  The old forum was Flatland.  We now reside on a round earth.