Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CSS issue

Options
TRPIV
TRPIV Posts: 278
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
Hey Gang,

I can see you've got your hands full. Many fires only so much time in the day.

Here is one I think you can solve pretty quickly: CSS for Blockquotes appears to need an update.

Where:
Windows XP /FF 3.6

What:
Blockquotes do not appear to have styled backgrounds, so the quoted text tends to run together into the message reply.

Why:
Your current CSS for the block quotes looks something like this:
div.Preview div.Message blockquote, ul.MessageList div.Message blockquote {
margin: 4px 0;
padding: 4px 16px;
}

You are currently defining this rule here;
http://biggreenegg.autostatic.vanillaforums.com/applications/dashboard/design/style.css?v=2.0.18b3

Possible fix:
You could try to add a background color to that div, something like this would work. Modify the existing class to be something like this:

div.Preview div.Message blockquote, ul.MessageList div.Message blockquote {
margin: 4px 0;
padding: 4px 16px;
background-color:#F0F0F0;
border: 1px solid #00563F;
}

Result:
This would apply the a light grey color around the quoted text, as well as, a nice dark outline around said box. (similar to what you have round the input field when someone is starting a new thread.

As I stated earlier -you've got a lot going on and are most likely aware of the issue and the fix. Sorry if I"m over stepping my bounds here.

Take care,
Ted

Comments

• TRPIV
    Options
    Hey Gang,

Result:
    This would apply the a light grey color around the quoted text, as well as, a nice dark outline around said box. (similar to what you have round the input field when someone is starting a new thread.
    I've applied the style inline, just so you can see what it would look like in its rendered state.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hey Gang,

Result:
    I've applied the style inline, just so you can see what it would look like in its rendered state.
    here's a quote of the quote to see what it looks like. i thought i was noticing some other "2nd quotes" that had the blue -- so it appears their code is missing first-quotes but not second.

Great post, @TRPIV, they ought to have you and the Whiz do an all-weekend coding and testing party. Kinks are working out pretty fast though, I have to admit it's improving.

If I had a request, it would be that the message header in the main forum view (most active, whatever) shows original poster AND most recent.
  • TRPIV
    Options
    Ahh! interesting....
    Then the fix I proposed is actually a bit incorrect. I bet The solve is even easier!

I'm off to see if I can figure out a quicker fix...

;-)
  • TRPIV
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Humm... so this is a bit more involved.

It appears that the original quote isn't being styled as the css expects it to be. (the ID/Class/HTML source cascade is off a bit. The first quote is just being out put as a 'blockquote', with a simple div inside.

Thehtml output for the double quoted text looks like this:
    < blockquote class="UserQuote">
    < div class="QuoteAuthor">TRPIV said:< /div>
    < div class="QuoteText">

< blockquote>
    < div>< /div>
    < /blockquote>
    < /div>
    < /blockquote>

The first time you quote something, the HTML output looks like this:
    < blockquote>
    < div>< /div>
    < /blockquote>

There are a few ways to skin this one, but I'll leave that up to the pros. My original suggestion does not account / solve for the quoted authors name. I think there is something in the settings which will need to be tweaked to fix that.

I think I've given everyone enough input on the matter. I'm sure they have this on the radar, but it's not a huge deal.

Best of luck. Feel free to ping me if you need any more help testing or debugging.

Ted