Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to reply to someone

Hillbilly-Hightech
Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I think some people are having anxiety over the loss of the "classic" view, where they could click "reply" to a specific person's post, and it would show up underneath that post (and indented).  While that allowed folks to quickly see who replied to whom, it also made a mess when there were a lot of replies (each reply would consequently indent further to the right).  I have seen some posts where the replies stretched all the way over to the far right side of the screen!! 

Anyway, in this new format, if you just type "@username" (without the quotes) and then type your reply - that is how many other forums & comment boards do their replies. 

In fact, if you highlight & then copy that person's username & then paste it into your response, it will actually "hyperlink" the name for you (you can click it & it will take you to their profile). 

For example, if I were to reply to myself by manually typing all or part of my username, I might do something like this:

@Hillbilly - blah, blah, blah...

But, if I were to reply to myself by copying my username, it would look like this:

Hillbilly-Hightech - blah, blah, blah

So, I hope this helps!!!! :-)

All we are singing.... is give peace a chance ;-)
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Comments