Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Removed

Options
boston_stoker
boston_stoker Posts: 794
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
Post removed. Search greeneggers.com for post.

Comments

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    I just clicked the link & it works, so not sure what your issue is?
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • boston_stoker
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    just randomly clicked on your list of favorite cooks, then randomly clicked on the "Alaskan Seafood" link, and it took me to here:  http://www.great-alaska-seafood.com/   ----- this is correct. 

Also, randomly clicked on "Dome Adjustment" and it took me to here:  http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=902740&catid=1   ----- this is wrong. 

So it seems like some links are working, some are not
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • boston_stoker
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    did you send an email to:  promotions@biggreenegg.com ???

I sent an email to them saying that it was posting under my username, and NOT my handle - and then it just updated automatically (I didn't even have to log out then log back in). 

My guess is that as time goes on, the links will work (they're probably having to manually do each & every link)...
  • boston_stoker
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    @Monsjic - I certainly hope that it's not lost forever.  It would be nice to have all the posts, just for posterity sake. 

However, even if it is "lost" - I wonder what the percentage of those posts have in "new" information?  I'm not saying that it's "nice" if the info gets lost, but I'm wondering if it will be missed?  I mean, is anyone going to get an answer to "how do I install a new gasket" from a post about it in 2002? 

Anyway, I think we all need to just give the new forum a few days & see how many of these issues get fixed.  :-)
  • funhunter63
    Options
    I second that.  I tried to get to the "Visual Temp Settings" yesterday when my thermometer got "cooked" and could not get the pictures.  VERY dissapointing.  A suggestion would be to use a format like the Primo Grill Forum.  I am not trying taking a cheap shot here.  I am just talking about how the layout of the forum is done, it is much more typical or a "normal" forum that works very well.  No need to reinvent the wheel just to be different.
  • Wilco76
    Wilco76 Posts: 18
    Options
    @funhunter that would be vbulletin software at Primo. Nice format over there.
  • boston_stoker
    edited August 2011
    Options