Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Ragu\'s quick smoked baby backs

Options
Anthony Escobio
Anthony Escobio Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

1. baby back ribs rinsed, dried and de-membraned
  2. course mustard (4oz per slab)
  3. 12 oz of apple juice
  4. any good pork/rib rub (i like butt rub or uncle henry's texas pig)
  5. soaked wood chips or chunks (i prefer fruit wood or hickory)

Instructions

Rub both sides of ribs first with course mustard then with the rub.  Wrap in foil and set in the refridgerator for at least 6 hours or for best results overnight.  Place apple juice along with one cup of water in a pressure cooker.  Cook in pressure cooker with 10lb's of pressure for 35 minutes. Use steamer basket that comes with cooker to keep the meat above the liquid.  If the liquid is above the bottom of the basket you can pour some off. 

Set up egg at 225-250.  Remove from pressure cooker and place in a rib rack.  Place the chips and cook direct for 30 minutes to 1 hour based on how much bark and smoke you like on them.  They taste the same if cooked indirect but they do not get that crispness to the outside.  You can apply your bbq sauce in the last few minutes. No resting required... once they are off the egg they are ready to eat.  

Notes

This recipe is for one slab. I use a rib rack to maximize space but if you do not use a rack I would reduce the time especially if going direct.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: 1 hr 40min