Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Ahi Tuna Salad - 2010 Waldorf Eggfest

Bob SmartBob Smart Posts: 2
edited 1:01PM in Salads and Dressings
Ingredients2 lb ahi tuna

2 each, red, green, and yellow peppers

6 ribs celery

1 med onion

2 bunches green onions white and green parts (optional, I did not use at Waldorf)

1 cup golden raisins

BBQ rub (Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin is a favorite)
InstructionsSeason the tuna with your favorite rub (DP, Tsunami Spin in this case) and cook (direct, raised grate at 325-400) with some smoke (I used apple and pecan), until the tuna is well done (145 F) and let cool to room temp.  Put in a zip lock bag and break up with your fingers to desired size chunks.
Chop all the veggies into 1/4" dice, mix in the tuna and raisins and add the mayo to the desired consistency (probably about 2 cups for this much).
Season the salad with additional rub to desired flavor and saltiness.  I am guessing I added a heavy tablespoon.  The truth is, I added some, tasted it and added some more.  NotesNote: You can do the same thing with grilled chicken that is chopped fairly fine. I prefer to add granny smith apples in place of the raisins and white grapes, cut in half are also nice.Number of Servings: Time to Prepare:
·