Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Ahi Tuna Salad - 2010 Waldorf Eggfest

Bob SmartBob Smart Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Salads and Dressings
Ingredients2 lb ahi tuna

2 each, red, green, and yellow peppers

6 ribs celery

1 med onion

2 bunches green onions white and green parts (optional, I did not use at Waldorf)

1 cup golden raisins

BBQ rub (Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin is a favorite)
InstructionsSeason the tuna with your favorite rub (DP, Tsunami Spin in this case) and cook (direct, raised grate at 325-400) with some smoke (I used apple and pecan), until the tuna is well done (145 F) and let cool to room temp.  Put in a zip lock bag and break up with your fingers to desired size chunks.
Chop all the veggies into 1/4" dice, mix in the tuna and raisins and add the mayo to the desired consistency (probably about 2 cups for this much).
Season the salad with additional rub to desired flavor and saltiness.  I am guessing I added a heavy tablespoon.  The truth is, I added some, tasted it and added some more.  NotesNote: You can do the same thing with grilled chicken that is chopped fairly fine. I prefer to add granny smith apples in place of the raisins and white grapes, cut in half are also nice.Number of Servings: Time to Prepare:
·