Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Curried Corn Salad

Options
WPB
WPB Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Sides

Ingredients

1 tablespoon safflower oil
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup red pepper, finely diced
1/2 cup green pepper, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
4 cups cooked corn (If using fresh corn, which is preferable in summer, steam corn for 5 minutes and then cur from cob.)
1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced (I use an egg slicer to do this... I love multi-taskers)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon sea salt, seasoned salt, of salt free seasoning (I like Spike brand)
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional, but for me a MUST, use fresh only for a crisp "high-note")

Instructions

Heat oil in large skillet.  Add onion, and saute until soft.  Add red pepper and green pepper, and saute briefly until they just begin to wilt.  Add curry powder, oregano, and turmeric, and saute briefly.  Add to corn in a large bowl.  Stir in olives. Add mayonnaise and sea salt, mix well.  Garnish with cilantro.

I'm going to try this using frozen whole kernel corn from Costco.  I'll probably steam for about 10 minutes.  I'll keep you posted on the results.  Frozen corn would be nice if it can be substituted since that would allow this recipe to be made year round.  I have no idea how this recipe would work with canned corn (but I don't think so good). 

I'd also like to try it with some finely minced Jalapenos for some heat.

Notes

Number of Servings: 3

Time to Prepare: