Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoked and Roasted Baked Potato

MACMAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in Vegetables

Ingredients

Russet taters
Olive oil
Kosher salt

Instructions

Wash your potato's and pat dry.  Rub with olive oil and the sprinkle/rub with coarse kosher salt. I just lay these taters around the edge of the egg, takes a little more time than the main course so I put them on earlier- can always remove and cover with foil.  Really- I lay them around the edge up against the side right on top of the grate, keep around/just below 300 degrees.  Pull around  200 internal temp.

About 30 minutes before I think the tate's will be done I put on the egg many slices of thick cut bacon.- If you have never cooked bacon on the egg- do this.

Use some foil and make a "baking sheet", with thick bacon in single rows, watch it. Be careful, holes in the foil, sometimes I will pull the bacon and place directly on the grate to "dry" the bacon. 

You know where this is going- crumble the smoked bacon on the halved potatoes- Let me know what you think- tater skin is the best...

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: