Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Splatt's Corn on the Cobb

Options
tmsplatt1
tmsplatt1 Posts: 11
edited November -1 in Vegetables

Ingredients

1/2 stick softened, salted butter (almost room temp)
2 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp prepared horseradish
2 cloves garlic finely chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon of the minced garlic you can buy in the jar)
5 cranks of fresh pepper from your peppermill
1/4 tsp dried parsley

Instructions

Mix all ingredients into a spreadable paste. Coat well on your cobs then wrap tight in aluminum foil making sure melted contents will not escape. If cooking over direct heat between 300 and 400 degrees, cook directly on rack for 10 to 15 minutes, but turn every 3 to 5 minutes to avoid burning on the side facing the coals. If cooking over indirect heat, I leave the cobs on for about 30 minutes at 250 to 300 degrees (for higher temps about 20 minutes). You can adjust your times as some folks like a very crisp, almost raw corn while others like it very well done. I like mine in the middle but moreso on the crisp, "not well done" side. This works whether you're smoking or not (not you, your grill). Key trick: just a few minutes before you're done, unwrap cobs and place them in a deep baking pan with the melted butter drippings and place pan on grill for 3 minutes or so just to get that Egg flavor mixed with the corn. For those that like a kick, add a few shakes of tabasco or even a bit of cayenne pepper in your mix above....awesome!

Notes

Number of Servings: 5

Time to Prepare: 20 minutes