Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Pantry Spaghetti

Tony A. HallTony A. Hall Posts: 11
edited 5:06AM in Soups, Stews, Chilis
Ingredients1.25 lb. Ground Beef - Missouri Legacy Beef (sustainable)1 Box Wheat Vermicelli (just short of angel hair)1 Medium Vidalia Onion2 tsp. Red Peppers1 tsp. Fresh Ground 4 Seed Pepper1 LARGE Tsp. Minced Garlic in Olive OilOlive Oil (for your frying pan)1 small pint of Cherry Tomatoes2 Cans Tomato Sauce1 tsp Garlic Powder with Parsley (comes in a jar premixed)2 tsp Chili Sauce (could have used more)2 Bay leavesParmesan Romano Cheese (grated for plating)InstructionsFire up the T REX status
Oil up the pan you are going to brown your beef.
Mince the onion, red pepper and garlic.
Toss 2/3'rds of the onion mix into the pan and add the beef, start Grilling...
Heat water for Spaghetti (If I had a XL I would do this on the egg...I had to use the stove and I just HATE IT when I can't do the entire meal on the BGE)
Mix Tomato sauce, bay leaves, Garlic powder and parsley, Black Pepper, Remaining onions, chili sauce.
Place sauce in medium iron pot and place on Egg, bring to boil and reduce heat while ground beef finishes.
Add browned beef to sauce, reduce heat (close down the egg) and simmer for desired time (if you are hungry about 15 minutes...if you want to add more flavor go for 30 or more.
Remove and plate on top of spaghetti and top with Parmesan Romano cheese, ENJOY!
Some Italian or French bread would have been nice, but that would have required planning...and this was a 'what you got in the pantry' meal. NotesPictures available on http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.comNumber of Servings: 2-4Time to Prepare: 1 hour